Saturday, January 21, 2012

It's really real.

Yesterday was my initial doc appointment. I was nervous that we would get in there and there wouldn't be anything at all there! Those fears were not as quickly put to rest as I would have liked. The doc couldn’t find the heartbeat with the doppler and there is a huge gap between their EDD and mine, so she wanted to do a ultrasound to get some measurements. That would have been fine until she asks the nurse to see if the ultrasound tech can squeeze me in to check viability. That made me nervous. I'm amazed my blood pressue was normal! But it was a lot of worrying for nothing. We got to see the baby and it was the most amazing moment. I told the tech and Matt that they couldn't laugh at me if I cried. I measured in at 9 weeks 5 days, just two off of what I was guess-timating. Official due date is August 19. Heartbeat was 138, and the baby is currently balancing on its head. It waved at us and kicked its feet too.  Apparently, along with having a slightly arcuate uterus, my uterus is also slightly tilted back which is why the ultrasound tech thinks the doc couldn’t find the heartbeat externally. Everything looks good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment