Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Six months... How the time flies

I can't believe it's been six months since we welcomed our precious little bundle.



She has grown so much!!



We went to the doc yesterday, and she is up to 17 lbs 5.5 oz with a height of 27 inches. She's not a gigantic baby, but she's definitly not tiny. She's almost as big as the baby of a friend who is seven months older.

She's getting pureed fruits and/or veggies just about every evening. So far we've had applesauce, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, bananas, and peas. We're getting ready to try peaches the next few days, and I just need to make some time to make some carrots so we can try those too. I'd also like to give her chicken sometime in the next week.

Part of me is second-guessing how we're doing food because of things that others have posted on Ravelry about the huge variety of foods their kids have tried. But at the same time, I think they are going with more of a solid food/baby-led weaning kind of thing which so far, we haven't. I tried giving her tiny pieces of banana this weekend when I was making fruit salad for dinner and she looked at me like I had a second head. I even tried putting it on a spoon, and it was a no-go. She did eat a tiny taste of our tuna salad last night, but she didn't seem particularly impressed.

It's amazing how it can feel like time has gone by so fast and at the same time it can seem like she's been with us forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment