Monday, April 2, 2012

20 weeks

It is a scary thought to imagine something the size of a cantaloupe in my belly.

As of yesterday, I am officially 20 weeks along. One fruit measuring thing says there's a cantaloupe in there. Another one says it's a banana. I'm choosing to go with a curled up banana (baby) inside of a cantaloupe (uterus). I'm trying not to think about the fact that week 40 is a watermelon. Eek.

We set up our first registry on Saturday. It's a lot harder than it seems to register for someone you've never met. I have no idea what kind of pacifier this baby is going to want or which bottle will work the best. We got a car seat and two bases from a family member in town plus a crib mattress, a bumbo chair with a tray, and a Moby wrap. Suddenly having a car seat makes this all seem so much more real. It's crazy.

We have our big anatomy scan on Friday. We are planning to find out what it is, assuming that the baby cooperates. Matt's still hoping for a girl, and while I honestly don't care either way as long as it's healthy, I'm kinda leaning that way. Mainly I just want ten fingers and toes. There are definitely feet in there; I can tell you that much. We've got a pretty good schedule going of kicking. 10:30ish, lunch time, 3:00, 7:00, and 10:00. I don't feel much during the night once I'm in bed or early in the morning, so maybe we'll get lucky and baby will end up being a night owl like mommy. Matt also thought he felt the baby kick in the last few days. He's starting using the crazy comments that I say as his FB status. Last night, I made the comment (I don't even remember what the context was) that I was 200% human. I also said something about feeling like I was being tickled from the inside. He's cute. I feel bad that I was a bitch to him this morning.


In other news, we have at least three showers planned for this baby. My mom's side has already scheduled one for Memorial Day weekend, dinner party crowd is planning one for June, and a friend from work is planning do a luncheon in early July which I assume will be mainly work friends. My mom is guessing that my dad's side will do something at the end of June when most of the family is in town for the fishing trip, and I haven't figured out which ones we're going to invite Matt's family to. I would guess we'd invite Jennifer (the family member who gave us stuff above) to whatever my dad's side does since that would be the closest event for her, but beyond that....... I'm not sure what we're gonna do. My mom told me not to worry about it, but it's nice to have something to worry about that I can actually control.

We had some money drama this weekend. On the good side, our tax return this year is great. On the down side, car repairs created another hefty bill. Oh well, at least it happened now while we still have jobs and the tax return to use and not this summer right before the baby when we're not getting paid and potentially may not have jobs for the fall.

I probably won't post again until after my scan on Friday. We'll be out of town so it'll probably be a non-picture post if I post over the weekend. I'll upload pictures when we get back from Columbus.

No comments:

Post a Comment