Friday, June 29, 2012

32 weeks and 5 days


I had my 32 week appointment today. Heartbeat was good at 152. Baby girl is still head down and my belly is still measuring about a week and a half ahead. Nothing to be concerned about there.
When she came in, my midwife was slightly concerned because I had lost four pounds over the last two weeks, but after grilling me on what I’m eating, what’s been going on life-wise, my vitamins, and how much I’m drinking, she’s not worried. Baby girl is still growing so obviously she’s getting enough of what she needs. My midwife thinks that the weight loss is because I’m just not eating as much due to being uncomfortable, dealing with the heat, and sleeping more now that I’m not working.
Overall, a good basic boring appointment. I’d be happy to have several more of those before the middle of August!
Here is a picture of me at 31 weeks 4 days (before my job interview):

And this is me yesterday at 32 weeks 4 days:


I'm not sure there is a huge difference in size, but I think there is a shape difference just based on the pants I was wearing in the two pictures. The dress pants have a much more shaping panel than the gaucho pants in the second picture.

Yes, I did mention a job interview! I had an interview at Trevor-Wilmot Unified Elementary school last Thursday. It's a 4K-5th grade general music position, and it would be an amazing school to work at! They seem to have amazing resources, and I feel like the only questions that I really stumbled with during the interview were the ones regarding technology that I've never had access to in my job. I should hear something in the next two weeks about whether or not I got the position, but I was one of only seven candidates interviewed, so I'm trying to be hopeful. However there is one small problem if I get the job......

We found an apartment and it is no where near Trevor. It is in Caledonia, on the far north side of Racine. It has two bedrooms, central A/C, a gas stove, and a porch. The complex has a pool and is super close to the lake as well as the Racine Zoo. Both bedrooms have doors to the porch and the closet in what will be the baby's room is huge so it will have plenty of room for her stuff as well as my yarn. The master bedroom closet is plenty big as well. The bathroom has an open space under the sink and the separate toilet/shower and powder room that we've been used to in our current apartment. It doesn't have a dishwasher or washer/dryer, but we've survived without those in the past, and I think we'll be okay. We would only be sharing laundry facilities with five other apartments, so it's not like a huge building where we'd be fighting with tons of other people.

The commute would be about 45 minutes. Yuck, and I'm sure it would be even worse during the winter. But we couldn't afford to lose the apartment on the off-chance that I get the job. I may decide to suck it up and commute for this year and then we'd move out closer to Trevor in 2013, but we'll see. I'm still not convinced that I'm going to get the job, especially since the belly was an obvious presence in the interview.  It didn't come up (legally, they can't ask), and I just couldn't figure out a good way to bring it up so I didn't. I'm not sure if that will hurt or help me.

The last major thing going on is my thesis. My proposal approval finally came in toward the end of last week. I haven't done much with it since this week was more devoted to getting unemployment and Badgercare paperwork in order. I am planning to get the SurveyMonkey process up and running tomorrow while Matt is playing a wedding so I can get it sent out. Then I'll continue working on research while the data comes in. I've taken two weeks to be a lump; next week that is soooo going to change. I'm going to try to devote at least two hours a day to the thesis plus two hours a day to packing. And somewhere in there, I'll do my mandatory work search stuff for UI.

I'm just not sure where to start with the packing, honestly. I want to make sure the baby stuff is some of the first stuff unpacked, but we won't have the crib or changing table until after we move. We are getting both from my cousin Jenn; my brother is picking them up from her in MN the weekend we move into the apartment. But honestly, baby girl will be sleeping in our room for at least the beginning in the Pack N Play, and someone has picked that up, so she'll have a place to sleep at the beginning. The Pack N Play also has a changing table so we'll be okay. She's going to use the old dresser that I took with me when I moved out (it was my brother's and my dad's before that), so that and a bookshelf may be the only furniture in her room at first. Eventually, she'll have the crib:

the changing table:


the old dresser, a bookshelf, and my mom's blue rocking recliner. We also have blue Yaffa block shelves and some blue wire shelving that we can use in there. She's going to have to share her closet with my yarn supplies, so some of those shelves might get put to use in that manner. I'm also thinking about taking our lanterns from the livingroom and making them into owls. We'll see how it all works out when we move in.

We have some furniture that we're going to need to get rid of in order to fit in the apartment, but not too much. Hopefully, the day bed can go back to my mom's basement until we have an extra bedroom again. However, my desk and the two green chairs are gonna have to go. My folks don't have space for it, and we don't have the money to spend on a storage unit. It would add about $75 to our monthly rent to get one, and I don't think they're going to fit in the storage unit in the basement. I hate to get rid of the chairs though since we might need them once we have a house. Maybe we can find some nice friend with space in their basement to store them for us.......

Wow, the post got really long. I guess I need to write more often!!

No comments:

Post a Comment