Sunday, June 3, 2012

We have flippage!


We had our 28 week appointment today and loads of good news all around. I passed both the GD test and the iron levels. The drink, other than being very cold and making my teeth hurt, didn't have any effect on me or the baby. In fact, she was yawning during the ultrasound. It was super cute!!!

We then had our ultrasound, and she is now head down! She could always flip around again, but I'm happy that she flipped. I wonder if that's what I felt last night when I thought she was doing jumping jacks. They were able to get the last few pictures the needed from the anatomy scan. She also did a couple of 3D shots, so we got two of those to bring home plus two regular pics. All her measurements are good, either a few days ahead or right on schedule. She weighs about 2 pounds 12 ounces right now, up about a pound from our last appointment.
Look at that nose! It's so cute!! My mom says it looks like a nose from her side of the family, which Matt totally agreed with. He thinks she's got my nose. And with the amount of time she's spending with her hands in her face, I won't be surprised if she's a thumb sucker.



Then a boring normal appointment. Just chatted about how I was feeling, the hip/groin pain (totally normal), the annoying pain in my ears at night (potentially related to excess fluid from allergies/pregnancy, but if it doesn't stop in the next few weeks, go see someone), and we were on our way.

I did ask about my weight gain, not that I'm worried but just curious. She said about a pound a week would be average. Since I was carrying extra weight around prior to getting pregnant, she said half a pound would be sufficient for me personally. She did say I'm doing great though. I'm at a net gain of 9 pounds which is just peachy for almost 29 weeks. She fully anticipates that unless I blow up like a balloon over the next 10 weeks, I'll probably weigh less than my pre-pregnancy weight after giving birth, especially if I breastfeed. We also talked about baby's weight gain, and she said that, on average, from about week 32 or so they gain around half a pound or so. At that rate, I'm looking at an 8+ pound baby. Eek.

We scheduled my next few appointments because they are now two weeks apart rather than four weeks. Crazy! I am almost 75% done with my pregnancy. I'd say I'm starting to freak out, but honestly, with everything else going on, my pregnancy is the least worrisome thing on my mind. Not to say I don't worry about it, but I'm much more concerned about money, jobs, housing, insurance, and thesis stuff.

I haven't put up any pictures of myself on here, but here is the most recent shot of the belly. It has changed shape a little in the last week and a half. I wonder if that coincides with her decision to flip?

27 weeks

29 weeks


I think I definitely look rounder in the second picture. My belly button hasn't popped yet, but it's getting very stretched.

No comments:

Post a Comment